Joint Special NWSA and Port of Seattle Meeting
Remote. Dial-in: 1 (253) 617-4257, Conference ID: 426 473 113#.
In accordance with Proclamation 20-28.6 of the Governor’s office, public attendance at this meeting is allowed remotely only. No in-person attendance is permitted. The public is encouraged to stay home and follow the meeting via live stream at http://portal.veconnect.us/p/nwseaportalliance or by telephone conference. Please see agenda for instructions on how to participate in public comment and the public hearing.
- 8:30 AM – 10:00 AM – EXECUTIVE SESSION
- CALL TO ORDER
- RECESS TO EXECUTIVE SESSION (executive sessions are not open to the public)
- 42.30.110 (i) (ii) To discuss with legal counsel matters relating to litigation or potential litigation that the agency believes may be commenced by or against the agency, when public knowledge regarding the discussion is likely to result in an adverse legal or financial consequence to the agency.
- 42.30.110(i)(i) and (iii) To discuss with legal counsel potential litigation, specifically, the legal or financial risk of a proposed course of action when public discussion of the litigation or legal risks is likely to result in an adverse legal or financial consequence to the agency.
- 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM – CLOSED SESSION
- Confidential closed session pursuant to 46 U.S.C. § 40306; 46 C.F.R. § 535.608; and 46 C.F.R. § 535.701 (i)(1) and Port of Seattle/Port of Tacoma Discussion Agreement – Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) Agreement No. 201228.
- 12:00 NOON – PUBLIC SESSION
- RETURN TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER’S REPORT
- 2020 Goals and Expectations – Midyear Update
- STUDY SESSION
- CIP and Financial Targets
- PUBLIC HEARING
- Public Records Fee Schedule: Written comments may be submitted ahead of time to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line “Public Hearing” Comments received by 9:00 a.m. on Monday August 3, 2020 will be distributed to commissioners. Those wishing to speak during the public hearing must pre-register by emailing the same address as above, subject line “Public Hearing Speaker” include your name and the telephone number you will be calling from by 9:00 a.m. Monday, August 3, 2020.
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Minutes July 2, 2020
- Check Certification
- Catalogue of Government Affairs Positions – Technical Amendment
- Public Records Fee Schedule Adoption
5D Materials are the same as 4A
- Amend the previously adopted Item 5E from the July 2, 2020 Meeting to delete “and South” from the previously-adopted motion so that the authorization of the Managing Members is to advertise and construct the North marine building at Terminal 5 (T5).
- PUBLIC COMMENT: Written comments may be submitted ahead of time to email@example.com and will be distributed to commissioners. To deliver public comment via telephone during the public comment portion of the meeting must sign up by emailing the same address as above, subject line, “Speaker - Pubic Comment”, provide your name, the telephone number you will be calling from, and the agenda topic you wish to speak to by 9:00 a.m. Monday, August 3, 2020.
- Second Reading: To request (1). authorization for the CEO to enter into a five-year Use Agreement with GLOVIS America and (2). Authorize the CEO to enter into the Eighth Amendment to the Auto Warehousing Co. Lease and Operating Agreement, which contains a Revenue Sharing Program (3). authorization to spend up to $350,000 to develop a new auto storage yard located at the East Sitcum Terminal.
- DUAL ACTION: NWSA AND PORT OF SEATTLE | NWSA ONLY ACTION: To request authorization for the NWSA CEO to (1). execute the SSAT (Tacoma) West Sitcum Lease Second Amendment including the Truck Terminal Dock Demolition Project (2). execute the T5 Lease Termination Agreement with SSA Terminals, LLC (3). to relinquish the NWSA’s use of six cranes currently located at T5 (4). to remove Matson’s step in rights for the short-term and long-term T5 leases and PORT OF SEATTLE ONLY ACTION: To authorize the Port of Seattle Executive Director to execute all documents related to the sale of six cranes located at T5 to SSA Terminals, LLC.
- To request (1). project authorization in the amount of $325,000 to complete work associated with the T5 Hydrant Replacement Project (2). Authorize the use of Port Crews to complete the project construction.
- To request project authorization increase in the amount of $720,000 for a total authorized amount of $3,070,000 for work associated with the Wapato Creek Bridge and Culvert Removal.
- STAFF BRIEFING
- Orca Underwater Noise Briefing
- GENERAL BUSINESS
- CEO Announcements, Events, Recognitions
- Commissioner Comments