Special Meeting - NWSA/Port of Seattle/ Port of Tacoma Joint Meeting
The Conference Center at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
17801 International Blvd, Seattle, WA 98158
- 9:00 AM: EXECUTIVE SESSION
- CALL TO ORDER:
- RECESS INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION
- One (1) Annual Evaluation of a Public Employee RCW 42.30.110(1)(g)
- Two (2) Litigation/Potential Litigation Items RCW 42.30.110(1)(i)
- 11:30 AM: SPECIAL JOINT MEETING:
- RETURN TO ORDER:
- Flag Salute
- CONSENT AGENDA:
- Minutes of February 5, 2019 and February 26, 2019
- Check Wire/Certification
- POSTPONED: Emergency Track Repair Tracks 4, 5, 6 and 8 at Entry to Curve to the North Intermodal Yard.
- PUBLIC COMMENT
- ACTION AGENDA:
- North Harbor Commercial Strategy Implementation: To request authorization for the Chief Executive Officer or his delegate to sign:
4A Memo4A Presentation
- Terminal 5 Term Lease with SSA Terminals (Seattle Terminals), LLC.
- Matson Step-in Rights Agreement for Terminal 5 Term Lease.
- The Terminal 5 Interim Lease (Matson) with SSA Terminals, LLC.
- The Terminal 46 Lease Termination with Total Terminals International, LLC.
- The Eighth Amendment to the Terminal 18 Lease with SSA Terminals, LLC (SSAT) and SSA Containers, Inc. (SSA) and Conditional Consent to Assignment to SSA Terminals (Seattle Terminals), LLC.
- DUAL VOTE: NWSA/ Port of Seattle (POS): The NWSA Managing Members and the Port of Seattle are asked to approve an Inter-local Agreement, by Dual Action vote, which establishes the terms under which the Port of Seattle will use a portion of Terminal 46 which is licensed to the NWSA.
4B Memo 4B Attachment4B Presentation
- One Time Membership Interest Affirmation:
4C Memo4C Presentation
- DUAL VOTE: NWSA/POS: To request The NWSA accept and the Port of Seattle Commission to approve payment of up to $32,000,000 pursuant to Charter Section 3.1(c)(i).
- To request The NWSA affirm Membership Interest of 50/50 for each homeport in satisfaction of Charter Section 3.1(c)(i).
- To request The NWSA authorization to distribute any affirmation payments to the homeports per The NWSA Charter Section 4.1.
- Terminal 5 Modernization Program:
4D Memo4D Presentation
- DUAL VOTE: NWSA/POS/Port of Tacoma (POT): Request funding for Program authorization in the amount $314,150,000 for a total authorized amount of $340,000,000 to complete work associated with the Terminal 5 Modernization Program, CIP No. C800132 and C800726.
- NWSA ONLY VOTE: Program authorization to complete work associated with Terminal 5 Modernization Program, CIP No. C800132 and C800726. This request has four distinct authorizations as follows: a. Terminal 5 Modernization Program, b. Berth Modernization Project Construction, c. Upland Improvement Project Design and Permitting, d. HOMEPORT VOTE: POS/POT: Authorize funding the program spending beyond 2019.
- Second Reading: Master Benefit and Salary Resolution (MBSR) 2019-01: To consider adopting Resolution Number 2019-01, the MBSR, amending and superseding Resolution 2018-02 which concerns The NWSA’s benefits and salary programs.
4E Memo4E Presentation
- West Sitcum (SSA) Buildings Roof Replacement and Upgrades: to Request construction authorization in the amount of $2,313,200 for a total authorized amount of $2,650,467 for work associated with the buildings 100 & 950 roof replacements and building 600 roof upgrades.
4F Memo4F Presentation
- Legal Services Transition and Establishment of Review Committee.
4G Memo4G Presentation
- GENERAL BUSINESS:
- 2018 Q4 Review of NWSA Goals and Expectations
- CEO Announcements, Events and Recognitions
- COMMISSIONER COMMENT