Special Commission Meeting (Rescheduled 9/19/19 regular meeting & location change)
Pacific Grill Events Center
1530 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98424
- 10:00 AM: EXECUTIVE SESSION
- CALL TO ORDER
- RECESS INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION:
- Two litigation/potential litigation items RCW 42.30.110(1)(i).
- One real estate purchasing item RCW 42.30.110(1)(b).
- One real estate selling/leasing item RCW 42.30.110(1)(c).
- 12:00 NOON: SPECIAL COMMISSION MEETING
- RETURN TO ORDER:
- Flag Salute
- Recognition of Tom Rogers Senior Skipper Tacoma Sea Scouts
- CONSENT AGENDA:
- Minutes of the August 15, 2019 Special Commission Meeting
- Minutes of the August 16, 2019 Special Commission Meeting Study Session
- Minutes of the September 3, 2019 Special Commission Meeting
- Check/Wire Certification
- PUBLIC COMMENT
- ACTION AGENDA:
- Commission International Travel: To request approval of potential commissioner international travel to Japan to participate in sister port activities with Port of Tacoma’s sister port in Kitakyushu, Japan from approximately November 15-19, 2019.
4A Memo4A Presentation
- Thorne Road Property Development: To consider project authorization for preliminary design work in the amount of $390,000 for a total authorized amount of $650,000 for work associated with the Thorne Road Property Development.
4B Memo4B Presentation
- Lower Wapato Creek Habitat: To request project authorization in the amount of $525,000 for work associated with the Lower Wapato Creek Habitat Project.
4C Memo4C Presentation
- State of Washington v. EDB for Tacoma-Pierce County et. al. Cause No. 16-2-10303-06: To request authorization for the defense and indemnification to be provided to the then CEO of the Port and the then current members of the Port Commission.
4D Memo4D Presentation
- Strategic Plan 2020: To request authorization for the creation of a Strategic Plan Project Team and to direct the Executive Director to engage services of an outside firm specializing in port strategic plan development with a not to exceed amount of $300,000.
4E Memo4E Presentation
- FIRST READING: Three-Year Lease with Pac-Van, Inc.: To request authorization for the Executive Director to enter into a three-year lease with Pac-Van, Inc. for the 9.18-acre premises located at 1701 Port of Tacoma Road, Tacoma, WA.
4F Memo4F Attachment4F Presentation
- FIRST READING: Purchase and Sale Agreement and Long-term Lease: To request approval for the PSA with Prologis to sell the buildings located at 2602 and 2608 Port of Tacoma Road, Tacoma, WA and to authorize the Executive Director to enter into a 50-year lease with 25-year extension option with Prologis for 14.2 acres of land (tax parcel 0320021002) and to authorize the Executive Director to execute any and all additional documents and take any and all actions necessary in connection with the completion of the building sale and land lease.
4G Memo4G Presentation
- FIRST READING: Five-Year Lease with The North West Company (International) Inc.: To request authorization for the Executive Director to enter into a five-year lease with The North West Company (International) Inc. for the premises located at 2000 Taylor Way, Tacoma, WA.
4H Memo4H Attachment4H Presentation
- GENERAL BUSINESS:
- Events, Announcements, and Recognitions.
- COMMISSIONER COMMENT