Special Joint Port of Tacoma / Port of Seattle / NWSA Managing Member Meeting
Remote. Dial-in: 1-253-617-4257, Conference ID: 987 774 942# .
In accordance with the Governor’s ‘Stay Home Stay Healthy’ order and Proclamation 20-28, public attendance at this meeting is allowed remotely only. No in-person attendance is permitted. The public is encouraged to stay home and follow the meeting via live stream at http://portal.veconnect.us/p/nwseaportalliance or by telephone conference: Dial-in: 1-253-617-4257, Conference ID: 987 774 942#.
- 9:45 AM EXECUTIVE SESSION
- CALL TO ORDER
- RECESS TO EXECUTIVE SESSION (executive sessions are not open to the public) Basis for executive session: 2 items related to potential legal risks of proposed action RCW 42.30.110(1)(iii)
- 11:30 AM – PUBLIC SESSION
- RETURN TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER’S REPORT
- SIM Yard Update
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Minutes August 4, 2020
- Check Certification
- DUAL ACTION (Port of Tacoma/NWSA) Northwest Ports Clean Air Strategy Authorization to Amend ILAs with the Port of Vancouver, increasing commitment of each entity by CAD $8,876.67 (~US $7,000).
- PUBLIC COMMENT Written comments may be submitted ahead of time to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be distributed to commissioners. To deliver public comment via telephone during the public comment portion of the meeting must sign up by emailing the same address as above, subject line, “Speaker - Public Comment”, provide your name, the telephone number you will be calling from, and the agenda topic you wish to speak to by 9:00 a.m. Monday, August 31, 2020.
- To request authorization for the CEO to enter into 12-month VSAs with RO/RO shipping lines World Logistics Services and “K” Line Ro-Ro from October 1, 2020 to September 30, 2021 and to enter into the 12th Amendment to the Service Agreement with Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics (WWL)
- To request project authorization in the amount of $802,400 for a total authorized amount of $905,000 for work associated with the Blair Terminal Fender System Upgrades MID 201104.01.
- To request project design authorization in the amount of $330,00 for a total authorized amount of $530,000 for work associated with the T3/T4 Shore Power Project MID 201100.01.
- To request authorization for the CEO to execute a Conditional Second Amendment to the T5 Lease Termination Agreement with Eagle Marine Services, LTD. and its parent company American President Lines, LTD.
- DUAL ACTION: (Port of Tacoma/NWSA) (1). To request the Managing Members of the NWSA and the Port of Tacoma Commission to authorize by dual action vote the proposed First Amendment to the Management Services Interlocal Agreement between the NWSA and Port of Tacoma, and (2). To request the Managing Members waive first reading and adopt Resolution 2020-04, amending Resolution 2018-03, to reflect the updated Management Structure.
- DUAL ACTION: (Port of Seattle/NWSA) To request approval of a First Amended Letter of Agreement between the Muckleshoot Indian Tribe and the NWSA and Port of Seattle for Terminal 5 Cargo Wharf Rehabilitation, Berth Deepening, and Improvements Project.
- STAFF BRIEFING
- Northwest Ports Clean Air Strategy Update
- GENERAL BUSINESS
- 2021 Budget Financial Target Discussion
- CEO Announcements, Events, Recognitions
- Commissioner Comments