Special Commission Meeting and Public Hearing - Budget Adoption
3600 Port of Tacoma Road, Tacoma, WA 98424
- 10:00 AM: EXECUTIVE SESSION
- CALL TO ORDER
- RECESS INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION:
- Three (3) litigation items: RCW 42.30.110 (1)(i)
- One (1) real estate sale or lease item RCW 42.30.110(1)(c)
- One (1) collective bargaining item RCW 42.30.140(4)(b)
- 12:00 NOON SPECIAL COMMISSION MEETING & PUBLIC HEARING
- RETURN TO ORDER:
- Flag Salute
- CONSENT AGENDA:
- Minutes of October 25, 2018 and November 8, 2018
- Check Certification Report
- PUBLIC COMMENT
- ACTION AGENDA:
- PUBLIC HEARING & COMMISSION ACTION: For the 2019 Port of Tacoma budget and tax levy, adoption of the following three resolutions and authorize the ILA:
4A Memo4A Attach 1 Res 2018-07-PT4A Attach 2 Res 2018-06-PT4A Attach 3 Res 2018-08-PT4A Attach 4 ILA4A Presentation
- Resolution No. 2018-07-PT: Direct the Secretary to certify to the Clerk of the County Council a tax levy of $20,938,250 for the year 2019.
- Resolution No. 2018-06-PT: Adopt the 2019 Statutory Budget.
- Resolution No. 2018-08-PT: Authorize the tax levy at $20,938,250 and a maximum tax levy capacity of $25,656,149.58.
- ILA-Port of Tacoma & NWSA: Authorize support services for 2019.
- ILWU 22 Terminal Security Officers Contract and Security Services Agreement:
4B Memo4B Presentation
- To request Commission approval for the Port of Tacoma to enter into a five-year labor agreement with ILWU Local 22 Terminal Security Officers.
- To request Commission approval to execute a five-year Security Services Agreement between SSA Terminals (Tacoma) LLC and the Port of Tacoma.
- Earley Business Center Cleanup Action & Consent Decree Approval:
4C Memo4C Attachment4C Presentation
- To request authorization to sign the Earley Business Center (EBC) Consent Decree with the Washington State Department of Ecology (ECY), which obligates the Port of Tacoma to implement the Cleanup Action Plan.
- To request additional authorization in the amount of $230,000 for work associated with the Parcel 1B (EBC) Cost Recovery.
- To request additional project authorization in the amount of $595,000 for work associated with the design of the Parcel 1B (EBC) Remediation Design and Construction Project.
- Earley Business Center Building 326 HVAC & Roof Replacement, and Buildings 407 & 532 Bird Wire Installation: To request project authorization in the amount of $756,000 for a total authorized amount of $921,000 for work associated with the EBC Building 326 HVAC and Roof Replacement, and Buildings 407 and 532 Bird Wire Installation.
4D Memo4D Presentation
- POSTPONED City of Tacoma ILA: Centennial Legacy Project: To request approval of an ILA with the City of Tacoma for a sum not to exceed $100,000 for the solicitation, selection and commissioning of a piece of public art celebrating the centennial of the Port of Tacoma.
- FIRST READING: Two-year Lease with Evergreen Shipping America Corporation for office space in the Fabulich Center, 3600 Port of Tacoma Road, Tacoma, Washington.
4F Memo4F Presentation
- Divestiture of approximately one-half acre of land at 1123 and 1171 Taylor Way, Tacoma, WA. To request approval of a PSA to sell Port Parcel 98 and portions of Port Parcels 5 and 103 (Tax parcels 2275200440, and portions of 5000350050 and 0321263046) located on East 11th Street, 1123 and 1171 Taylor Way, and authorize the CEO to execute any and all additional documents, and take any and all actions necessary or required to complete the sale.
4G Memo4G Presentation
- STAKEHOLDER UPDATES:
- Tacoma Trident Yard Update.
- GENERAL BUSINESS:
- Q3 Review: CEO Goals & Expectations
- Announcement, Events and Recognitions
- COMMISSION COMMENT