Special Joint Meeting: NWSA Managing Member / Port of Seattle / Port of Tacoma & A Confidential FMC Closed Session (Public session live streamed through The NWSA meetings web page) 1 Port of Tacoma Action
Pacific Grill Events Center, Pacific Ballroom
1530 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98402
- 9:00 – 9:30 AM: EXECUTIVE SESSION
- CALL TO ORDER:
- RECESS INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION
- Two litigation/potential litigation items RCW 42.30.110(1)(i)
- 9:30 – 11:00 AM: CONFIDENTIAL CLOSED SESSION
- Meeting and discussion confidential pursuant to 46.C.F.R. 535.701(1), 46 USC §535.608 and 46 U.S. Code §40306 and as authorized by the Port of Seattle/Port of Tacoma Alliance Agreement – Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) Agreement No. 201228.
- 11:30 AM: SPECIAL JOINT MEETING:
- RETURN TO ORDER:
- Flag Salute
- CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER’S REPORT
- Trade and Tariffs
- CONSENT AGENDA:
- Minutes of August 6, 2019
- Check Wire/Certifications
- PULLED FROM CONSENT TO ACTION AGENDA ITEMN 5D
- No Cost Extension: Interlocal Agreement with Washington State University for Air Quality Modeling Study
- PUBLIC COMMENT
- ACTION AGENDA:
- REACHSTACKERS: To request authorization to enter into a lease for two Reachstackers in an amount not to exceed $955,000 plus sales tax for a term of five years.
- DUAL VOTE - NWSA & POS: LITIGATION SETTLEMENT WITH PUGET SOUNDKEEPER ALLIANCE AND TTI:
- POS VOTE: To request authorization from the Port of Seattle Commission for the Port of Seattle Executive Director to sign the proposed consent decree and to carry out the requirements of the consent decree related to cruise operations.
- NWSA VOTE: To request authorization from the NWSA Managing Members to carry out the requirements of the consent decree related to cargo operations, which may entail costs in excess of $300,000 if it becomes necessary to upgrade or replace the existing stormwater treatment system at Terminal 46.
- NWSA AND POTENTIAL DUAL AND POS HOMEPORT VOTES: FIRST AMENDMENT TO THE T46 LEASE TERMINATION AGREEMENT: Request Managing Member authorization for (a) the Chief Executive Officer or his delegate to execute the First Amendment to the Terminal 46 Lease Termination Agreement with Total Terminals International, LLC; (b) to authorize the acquisition of three (3) ZPMC container cranes (Crane No. 80, 81, 82 and related spare parts) at Terminal 46 by either the NWSA or the Port of Seattle; and (c) if necessary, authorize the Chief Executive Officer or his delegate to negotiate the terms for the storage, use, maintenance, and associated costs of the container cranes with the Port of Seattle. | As necessary, by separate or dual action, request Port of Seattle to authorize the acquisition of three (3) ZPMC container cranes (Crane No. 80, 81, 82 and related spare parts) at Terminal 46 and to authorize its Executive Director to negotiate the terms for the storage, use, maintenance, and associated costs of the container cranes with the NWSA
- NWSA & POT VOTES: Total Rewards Program: To request NWSA and the Port of Tacoma to approve the Total Rewards Program for non-represented employees of the NWSA and the Port of Tacoma.
- GENERAL BUSINESS
- ANNOUNCEMENTS, EVENTS, RECOGNITIONS
- COMMISSIONER COMMENT