NWSA Regular Meeting | Port of Seattle Special
The Conference Center at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
17801 International Blvd, Seattle, WA 98158
- 9:30 AM
- Call to Order
- Recess Executive Session and Closed FMC Session: RCW 42.30.110(1)(i) to discuss with legal counsel representing the agency matters relating to litigation, followed by a closed discussion pursuant to Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) regulations and related laws found at 46 U.S.C. § 40306, 46 C.F.R. § 538.608, 46 C.F.R. § 535.701(i)(1) and as authorized by the Port of Seattle/Port of Tacoma Alliance Agreement, FMC Agreement No. 201228.
- Return to Order 11:30 AM
- Flag Salute
- Report by the Chief Executive Officer: 833d Transportation Battalion (SDDC)
- Public Comment (public comments will be taken verbally at the meeting. Additionally, comments may be submitted in writing at the meeting or prior to the meeting via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 PM, Friday, July 28, 2023.)
- Work Group / Committee Reports
- Internal Governance Work Group
- Environmental Work Group
- Consent Agenda
- Approval of the Minutes: (1). May 2, 2023 (corrected), (2). May 24, 2023, (3). May 30, 2023 and (4). June 6, 2023.
- Check/Wire Certifications: Approval of the (1). payment of check and wire transfers during the period of May 20, 2023 through June 15, 2023 in the total amount of $17,043,601.58 and (2). Payment of check and wire transfers during the period of June 16, 2023 and July 20, 2023 in the total amount of $18,884,975.96.
- First Reading: Resolution 2023-07: After first reading, request Managing Members advance Resolution 2023-07 (superseding 2020-02) and the associated Delegation of Authority Master Policy delegating Managing Member administrative authority to the CEO, to a second reading.
- Terminal 5 MARAD 2022 PIDP and NHFP Grant Acceptance: Request approval to accept a Federal Maritime Administration (MARAD) 2022 Port Infrastructure and Development Program (PIDP) and National Highway Freight Program (NFHP) Grants in the amounts of $17,035,900 and $1,750,000 respectively for work associated with the Terminal 5 Modernization Program.
- T-106W First Addendum to Interlocal Agreement and Second Amendment to Lease with ConGlobal Industries, LLC (“ConGlobal”):
- DUAL ACTION NWSA and Port of Seattle Request Managing Members’ authorization for the NWSA CEO (on behalf of the NWSA) and the Port of Seattle Commission’s authorization for the Port of Seattle Executive Director (on behalf of the Port of Seattle) to enter into a First Addendum to Interlocal Agreement between the Port of Seattle and The Northwest Seaport Alliance Regarding the Port of Seattle’s Use of a Portion of Terminal 106 West to reimburse the NWSA for reasonable and appropriate cost to reimburse ConGlobal to move its mobile office in an amount not to exceed $159,000 plus applicable Washington State sales tax.
- Request Managing Members’ authorization for the NWSA CEO to enter into a Second Amendment to Lease between the NWSA as Lessor and ConGlobal Industries, LLC as Lessee to reimburse ConGlobal for reasonable and appropriate costs to move the mobile office trailer in an amount not to exceed $159,000 plus applicable Washington State sales tax.
- Terminal 5 Phase 2 SSAT Lease Revised Third Amendment: Request Managing Members re-affirmation of their authorization for the CEO or his delegate to enter into the Third Amendment to the Terminal 5 Lease with SSA Terminals (Seattle Terminals), LLC and to certain improvements and the financial responsibility for such improvements as described therein in substantially the same form as presented.
- Terminal 18 North Fender Replacement Project Authorization: Request project authorization in the amount of $363,000 for a total authorized amount of $483,000 for work associated with the T18 North Fender Replacement Project, Master Identification No. N10303.
- Interlocal Agreement between the NWSA and the University of Washington Sea Grant Fellowship Program: Request authorization for the CEO to enter an Interlocal Agreement between the NWSA and the University of Washington Sea Grant Fellowship Program, under which the NWSA will host one full-time Hershman Fellow for one year, from September 2023 to September 2024 at a cost to the NWSA in the amount of $60,000.
- First Reading Resolution 2023-06: After first reading, request Managing Members advance Resolution 2023-06 authorizing third-party review of NWSA project costs incurred since 2015 and a comprehensive review of the Interlocal Agreement and Alliance Charter, to a second reading.
- Second Reading Resolution 2023-04: Request to adopt Resolution 2023-04 “A Commitment to the Success of The Northwest Seaport Alliance.”
- Terminal 5 Modernization Program Quarterly Update Q2 2023
- Truck Collaborative
- General Business
- CEO Announcements
- Commissioner Comments