Regular NWSA Meeting (and including a Closed FMC NWSA/Port of Seattle/Port of Tacoma Session)
Remote only in accordance with Senate Concurrent Resolution 8402 and Governor's Proclamation 20-28
Call in: 1-253-617-4257 Conference ID: 995 335 214#
- 9:00 AM
- CALL TO ORDER
- RECESS TO EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To discuss with legal counsel representing the agency two matters relating to litigation or potential litigation to which the agency is, or is likely to become, a party, when public knowledge regarding the discussion is likely to result in an adverse legal or financial consequence to the agency. RCW 42.30.110(1)(i)(i).
- 10:00 AM
- NWSA, PORT OF SEATTLE, PORT OF TACOMA – CLOSED SESSION
- Closed session as authorized under Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) regulations and related laws found at 46. U.S.C. section 40306; 46 C.F.R. sections 535.608 and 535.701(i)(1), and as authorized by Federal Maritime Commission Agreement No. 201228.
- 11:30 AM PUBLIC SESSION
- RETURN TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER’S REPORT
- Potential motion adjusting directive on litigation timing (see Jan 5, 2021 motion to commence suit by Mar 31, 2021 CMA CGM America, LLC).
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Approval of the minutes from February 2, 2021.
- Check certification.
- Waive two readings and adopt Resolution 2021-02 designating the NWSA CFO as NWSA Treasurer.
- Waive two readings and adopt Resolution 2021-03 amending the Master Benefit and Salary Resolution.
- Project authorization in the amount of $210,237.00 for work associated with the Lighting Upgrade at the East Blair Breakbulk (EB1) Yard, MID: 201122.01.
- Waive two readings and adopt Resolution 2021-04 declaring approximately 436 timber piles with a net book value of approximately $390,473.50 surplus (T5 pinch piles).
- Construction authorization in the amount of $320,000 for a total authorized amount of $520,000, for work associated with the Washington United Terminals (WUT) Crane Power Addition Project, MID: 201110.01.
- PUBLIC TESTIMONY To deliver comments during the public testimony portion of the meeting, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00 a.m. PT, Monday, March 1, 2021 that includes your name, the telephone number you will be calling from, and the agenda topic you wish to speak to. Please include “speaker” in the subject line. Written comments may be submitted to the same email address and will be provided to the commissioners.
- First Reading: Pacific Maritime Association (PMA) New Lease Agreement at Terminal 46 - Request that Managing Members advance authorization for the Chief Executive Officer or their delegate to execute a new lease agreement with PMA for training facilities at Terminal 46 to a second reading.
- Rail Incentive Authorization Increase - Request authorization and additional funding of $2,000,000 for the 2020-2021 NWSA Intermodal Rail Incentive Program for Gateway Growth for a total amount of $3,000,000.
- Quarterly Update – Terminal 5 Redevelopment Program
- GENERAL BUSINESS
- Scorecard Update: Financials and Metrics and 2021 Key Strategic Initiatives
- CEO Announcements
- Commissioner Comments