Regular NWSA Special Port of Seattle / Port of Tacoma (with closed FMC session)
Conference ID: 459 920 137#
- CALL TO ORDER – 9:00 AM
- RECESS TO EXECUTIVE SESSION - To discuss with legal counsel representing the agency two matters relating to litigation or potential litigation to which the agency is, or is likely to become, a party, when public knowledge regarding the discussion is likely to result in an adverse legal or financial consequence to the agency. RCW 42.30.110(1)(i)(i).
- NWSA, PORT OF SEATTLE, PORT OF TACOMA – FMC CLOSED SESSION – Confidential discussion as authorized under Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) regulations and related laws found at 46. U.S.C. section 40306; 46 C.F.R. sections 535.608 and 535.701(i)(1), and as authorized by Federal Maritime Commission Agreement No. 201228, the Port of Seattle/Port of Tacoma Alliance Agreement.
- RETURN TO ORDER AND FLAG SALUTE
- CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER’S REPORT
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Approval of the minutes from April 16, 2021 and May 4, 2021
- Check Certification
- Financial Auditor Contract Extension - Request authorization to extend contract number 070369 for financial audit services with RSM US LLP, for one year in the amount of $77,000 for a total contract value of $322,500 for six years (Approved by the NWSA Audit Committee at its April 22, 2021 meeting).
- Increased authorization for 2020 Industrial Stormwater General Permit (ISGP) Appeal and West Sitcum Litigation Legal Services - Request (1) authorization for the CEO to increase the contract amount and spending authorization for the 2020 ISGP Appeal legal contract; and (2) increased authorization for legal services for the appeal of the 2020 ISGP by $136,650 from $471,240 to $607,890 which is the total budget request from 2021. This increase is to allow for staff time and outside legal counsel.
- PUBLIC CITIZENS’ COMMENT - To deliver comments during the public comment portion of the meeting, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3:00 p.m. PT, Friday, May 28, 2021 that includes your name, the telephone number you will be calling from, and the agenda topic you wish to speak to. Please include “speaker” in the subject line. Written comments may be submitted to the same email address and will be provided to the commissioners.
- Project Authorization – Maintenance Dredging at Pier 3/4 and WUT - Request (1) project authorization in the amount of $747,900 for a total authorized amount of $895,500 for work associated with the Maintenance Dredging at Washington United Terminals (WUT); and (2) project authorization in the amount of $326,600 for a total authorized amount of $384,000 for work associated with the Maintenance Dredging at Piers 3 and 4 for a combined project authorization of $1,279,500.
- First Amendment to the Terminal 5 Term Lease Agreement - Request authorization for the NWSA CEO to execute the First Amendment to the Terminal 5 Term Lease Agreement.
- First Reading Resolution 2021-07 – NWSA Third Amended Bylaws - Request to approve first reading and advance to a second reading, Resolution 2021-07 adopting the Third Amended Managing Member Bylaws.
- Walked on with permission of chair: Authorization for Defense and Indemnification for Individual Employee
- GENERAL BUSINESS
- Gateway Operating Performance
- CEO Announcements
- Commissioner Comments