Regular Managing Member and Special Port of Seattle/Port of Tacoma Commission Meeting
The Conference Center at SEA 17801 International Blvd, Seattle, WA 98158*
To attend by phone: Dial: 1-253-617-4257 Conference ID: 368 672 331#
- CALL TO ORDER - 10:00 AM
- RECESS TO EXECUTIVE SESSION
- One item pursuant to RCW 42.30.110(1)(i)(i) to discuss with legal counsel, litigation to which the agency is likely to become a party when public knowledge of such discussion is likely to result in adverse legal or financial consequences to the agency.
- RETURN TO ORDER - 11:00 AM
- FLAG SALUTE
- REPORT BY CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
- Gateway Operational Update
- PUBLIC COMMENT - Comments will be taken in person at the meeting and also by phone. To deliver comments by phone during the public comment portion of the meeting, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00 a.m. Monday, August 2, 2021 that includes your name, the number you will be calling from and the agenda topic you wish to speak to. Please include “speaker” in the subject line. Written comments may be submitted to the same email address.
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Approval of the minutes from July 7, 2021
- (1). Check Certification (2). SAO Check Certification
- DUAL ACTION NWSA AND PORT OF TACOMA - Request authorization for the NWSA Managing Members and the Port of Tacoma Commissioners to add Juneteenth as a recognized holiday for non-represented employees to 2021 Master Benefit & Salary Resolutions.
- ACTION AGENDA / BRIEFING
- Terminal 5 Intermodal Yard Use Agreement and Project Authorization.
- Authorization for the CEO to execute a Use Agreement with SSA Terminals (Seattle Terminals) LLC of Seattle for the Intermodal Yard at Terminal 5 for Phase I of the T-5 lease agreement.
- Authorization for the CEO to execute a Switch Payment Letter for Improvements at Terminal 5 Intermodal Yard with BNSF Railway Company.
- Project authorization in the amount of $2,725,000 for a total authorized amount of $2,950,000 for work associated with the Terminal 5 Intermodal Yard Improvements, MID U00668.
- South Intermodal (SIM) Yard Charging Stations of Electric Trucks - Construction authorization in the amount of $460,000 for a total authorized amount of $560,000 for electrical system infrastructure work required to support the SIM Yard Charging Stations and Electric Trucks Project.
- First Reading – Lafarge PNW Inc. at Terminal 107 - Authorization for the CEO to execute a new lease agreement with Lafarge PNW Inc. at Terminal 107.
- Terminal 106 Interlocal Agreement (ILA) Authorization and U.S. Customs and Border Protection Facility Renovation Project – Project Delivery and Funding Request.
- DUAL ACTION: NWSA and PORT OF SEATTLE - Authorization by the Managing Members for the NWSA CEO and by the Port of Seattle Commission for the Port of Seattle Executive Director to enter into an ILA between the NWSA and Port of Seattle, to transfer use and management of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection premises located at T106 to the NWSA.
- Project authorization in the amount of $6,300,500 for a total authorized amount not to exceed $6,402,000 to complete all work associated with the T106 CBP Office and Facility Renovation Project. MID 2021-29 NH and the T106 CBP TI Evaluation Project MID U00520; and develop advertise and execute an alternative public works delivery contract using the Design-Build project delivery method.
- GENERAL BUSINESS
- CEO Announcements
- Commissioner Comments