NWSA Regular Meeting
3600 Port of Tacoma Road, Tacoma, WA 98424
- 9:30 AM: FMC:
- CALL TO ORDER
- RECESS INTO FEDERAL MARITIME COMMISSION (FMC) SESSION: A closed and confidential discussion protected pursuant to laws and regulations found at 46 U.S.C. § 40306, 46 C.F.R. § 538.608, 46 C.F.R. § 535.701(I)(1) and as authorized by Port of Seattle/Port of Tacoma Alliance Agreement, FMC Agreement #201228.
- RETURN TO ORDER: 11:30AM
- FLAG SALUTE
- REPORT BY CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
- PUBLIC COMMENT: Written comments may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WORK GROUP REPORTS
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Approval of the Minutes: November 7, 2022 and December 6, 2022.
- Check Certification: Approve the payment of checks 710444 through 710556 and wire transfers during the period from November 19, 2022, through December 15, 2022, in the total amount of $13,270,316.32.
- Phillips Burgess Law: Request NWSA Managing Members authorization for the First Amendment to Contract #071641 with the Phillips Burgess firm to add $50,000 of contract authorization.
- ACTION AGENDA
- DUAL ACTION: NWSA/POT - Thorne Road ILA: Request Managing Members of The Northwest Seaport Alliance (NWSA) and Port of Tacoma (Port) Commission to authorize the Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director or their delegates to enter into an interlocal agreement (ILA) between the Port of Tacoma and The Northwest Seaport Alliance for the “Thorne Road Properties.”
- DUAL ACTION: NWSA/POS: Terminal 46 Substation #1 Replacement Request for Additional Funds and Bid Irregularity: Request Managing Members approve increased project authorization in the amount of $1,300,000 for a total authorized amount of $8,000,000, 20% of which is to be allocated to the Port of Seattle (POS) for the replacement of Substation No. 1 located on Terminal 46. Request Port of Seattle Commission authorization for the Executive Director or their delegate to increase the total costs not to exceed from $1,340,000 to $1,600,000 for reimbursement to the NWSA for the replacement of Substation No. 1. Request Port of Seattle authorization to proceed with awarding the T46 Substation #1 Replacement project contract to the most responsive bidder, which is 13% (more than 10%) above the final Engineer Estimate.
- PORT OF SEATTLE VOTE ONLY: Request Port of Seattle Commission authorization for the Executive Director or their delegate to increase the total costs not to exceed from $700,000 to $1,100,000 for executing a change order for upland disposal of a portion of the T5 Dredging Project under Port of Seattle management.
- NWSA Charter Revision to Address Tribal Agreements: At the recommendation of the Internal Governance Work Group, Request Managing Members’ approval of an addition to the NWSA Charter on the following topic: Agreements with Federally Recognized Tribes.
- FIRST READING: Macquarie Long-Term Container Terminal Lease at Terminal 7: No action requested at first reading. In February staff will request Managing Members of The Northwest Seaport Alliance (NWSA) authorization for the Chief Executive Officer or their delegate to execute a new lease agreement in substantially the same form with Macquarie, Inc. at Terminal 7.
- BRIEFING AGENDA - No Briefings scheduled.
- GENERAL BUSINESS
- CEO Announcements
- Commissioner Comments